Friday, January 21, 2011

New York Trip part 1

This is very late, but I have finally gotten around to writing about my trip to New York this fall. We had a week off from school in order to visit schools and all of my potential schools, besides one, are on the East Coast, so we decided to take a little trip. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back in the Spring on my class trip.

Day 1:



We spent most of the day on the plane. When we arrived in New York City we headed to Grand Central Station to get on a trip to Fairfield Connecticut. We were going to stay with our friend Rick who lives there. Before we left, we wondered around and got some really delicious smoothies. Mine was current, lemon and vanilla.

Day 2:


We decided that the first college we would visit would be Vassar College. Rick was nice enough to offer to drive us to all the different colleges. Unfortunately I felt extremely sick when I awoke in the morning, so we had to postpone our trip until a few hours later.
The campus was absolutely lovely. I loved the school as well. It's my top choice as a matter of fact! The tour was lovely and I just so happened to run into My on the way, what a coincidence!
It was raining a lot of the time, but we still managed to see everything! We tried to taste the food at every school and I had the most delicious chicken salad sandwich!

Day 3
:



Next we decided to visit Brown. On the way there we saw a really funny truck with a picture of a fish on it. The truck said "Meet Without Feet." It just so happened that every school we visited had a green mini cooper parked in the parking lot.
I loved the city of Providence, where Brown is located. It seemed like a really cool place and it would be fun to explore. The school was wonderful to! The campus was lovely and the people seemed really nice! I would have liked to see the other theater, but what we saw was really cool. I have a really yummy cup of minnestroni soup, so far, both schools had great food. I really loved the studious feel that Brown had. It felt almost like an old boarding school which was fantastic!

Day 4:


Next we visited Bard College. We got a bit lost on the way up, but finally found our way, only to arrive early. We decided to explore the little town nearby which had some really cute little shops.
Bard had a really beautiful campus. It was partially in a forest and there were some really cool buildings. Like one that was built by Frank Gehry. AT first I wasn't a big fan of the school, but it grew on my over time. Unfortunately we didn't get to try the food...

No comments: