Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Atonement


Ever since it came out, I've been eagerly awaiting the day when I could see Atonement. I finally did, and I can tell you, it was well worth the wait! It was absolutely amazing! Atonement tells the story of 13 year old Briony Tallis, who accuses her sisters lover of a crime he did not commit. Once she realizes her mistake, Briony must seek forgiveness for her childhood misunderstanding, causing her to lead a life of atonement. The film was beautifully shot and directed which made it very nice to watch. The lovely English setting also contibuted to the brillence of the film. The acting was also amazing! James McAvoy and Keria Knightly worked so well together, they playe their roles perfectly. Saoirse Ronan was also amazing. She was perfect as the role and young Briony. You really felt compassion for her throughout the whole film. Romola Garai and Vanessa Redgrave were also very good! In all it was an absolutely wonderful film. I highly recommend it! It is one of my favorite films! I loved it!

1 comment:

Luis said...

I went to see atonement. Very good film. The scenes at Dunkirk brought me memories. I was then 14 and the evacuation of thousands of soldiers impressed me. Vanessa Redgrave is a terrific actress.