Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Mouse That Roared

I've been taking drama as my art elective in school, and last weekend we preformed our play "The Mouse That Roared." I had been really worried that we would not have it done in time, but it ended up turning out really good. We had a show on Friday, two on Saturday and one on Sunday. The two night shows were the best, but they were all good. The Mouse That Roared is the story of a tiny Europeain country called Grand Fenwik who decided to go to war with the United States over wine. It is a comedy that deals with a 22 year old Duchess, the President, a woodsman and many more unique characters. My and I played two army girls, Jill and Debbie, who are captured by Grand Fenwik. We had to wear high skirts, and paint our feet purple! I had a lot of fun. The cast was amazing to be around, especially on "Tec-Week" when we had to stay at school till nine every night. I made a lot of friends in other grades, which was great because the high school classes don't mix very much. It was a great experience, and I'm looking forward to doing the musical next year! 

No comments: