Tuesday, June 17, 2008

School's Out!


Well, the school year is officially over as of last Friday, the 13th. Ninth grade was full of surprises, fun and challenges. It was so different than what I expected. At the beginning of the year it was hard for me to adjust to the new atmosphere of high school, but as the year progressed I fell in love with it all. The big 11th and 12th graders were still scary but I loved them none the less. And of course I made a bunch of new friends who I can't imagine not knowing! I guess it just goes to show how change is not always a bad thing!
I'll always remember our class trip to Joshua Tree, climbing in caves and eating bizar pudding. It was a trip unlike any others before and yet it was so much fun!
One thing I miss most is doing the play "The Mouse That Roared." I had one of the best times this year. I got to know so many amazing people and the experience taught me so much! After the play was over me and other cast membered often talked about how much me missed it. That's one of the things I look forward to most next year! Although it's going to be a musical, I'm still very excited. Plus one of my favorite teachers, Corby, is going to direct it.
Even though our class lost Spirit Week it was still an amazingly fun event. I know everyone had lots of fun and that was part of the reason everyone in the High School loves it so much. Next year we are going to try twice as hard, and have fun doing it.
Another thing I enjoyed about this year was the classes. First off, orchestra, which I joined in the second semester. It was fun laughing with everyone and attempting to keep up with the songs. We had some great times, like when paper airplanes were thrown around the room while we were playing a song. Another of my favorite classes was golf which I also joined in second semester. I hadn't ever played golf before, but I wanted a change in my PE class so I decided to try it. I had friends in golf, which was another plus. I enjoyed many bus rides talking to Joey, Yoni and Dusty. Another plus was the fact that Valerie, an 11th grader, was also doing golf for the first time. We quickly became friends and talked LOST together while walking to our next hole. I had tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again next year.
The last day of school is always a happy and a sad one. Of course everyone was excited for summer, but I was also sad because I would not see everyone for a couple months. It was also sad because all the seniors were leaving. I said goodbye to all 12 grade friend and make sure they will come and visit in the future. I rushed around the last week of school making sure I got all of my friends to sign my yearbook. By Friday night the six blank pages in my yearbook that were there to be signed on were completely covered.
When I look back on the school year I realize how much fun I really had. Ninth grade was a really good year for me. I made a bunch of really amazing friends and I got to know a lot of people. If it weren't for my friends, I don't know what I would do! I love you guys so much and I miss you all!
Although the year had it's hard spots in I wouldn't trade the memories for anything! Thank you to everyone who helped make my year the wonderful experience it was. Whether it was my friends or just high schoolers in general.

2 comments:

Ben Neuhart said...

You’re the best.

Luis said...

Y agree with Ben.
Luis Villa