Thursday, June 19, 2008

Twilight

I heard about the book Twilight some time ago, but I never decided to read it until recently. My friend Lindsay had recommended it to me so I asked her to borrow it. I started it on Tuesday of last week and I never wanted to put it down. Everyday on the ride to school I was glued to the pages. When school ended I read every morning and every night before I went to sleep. I finished it yesterday morning. It was an amazing book! Although not a lot happens you can't stop reading. Something about it just makes me want to keep reading it forever. Maybe it's because I feel like I can connect to the main character, Bella, on more ways than one. Or maybe it's because you can't help but fall in love with the character Edward while you're reading. It could be something else entirely. Either way it is one of the best books I've read this year. I could sit for hours just reading, the whole time a smile on my face. That's saying something when the reader is smiling while reading. I wish all books did that to us. Twilight tells the story of 17 year old Isabella Swan who leaves sunny Phoenix to live with her father in Forks Washington. She hates the little green town, and the only thing that keeps her sane is the mysterious and beautiful Edward Cullen who goes to school with her. Soon Bella finds that she is completely captivated with the strange and gorgeous boy, but is there more to Edward than his beautiful appearance?
I highly highly recommend Twilight to anyone wanting a good read. It in the top five of my favorite books and I eagerly wait my chance to read the rest of the series. It is a really wonderful book.

No comments: