Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ecuador Day 13 and 14

I have gotten extremely behind on posting about Ecuador so I decided that instead of writing about everything I would just put up picture with a few sentences about each. That way I can show what happened and not have to write as much as usual.Day 13:
We went to visit a Bird Sanctuary and there were some really neat birds there.
There were all different types of chicken and rosters.
There were two ostridges which were really wild. They're so big and feel very pre-historic! It's so hard to believe they're birds!
We saw some peacocks which were really pretty. At one point one showed his tail in the attempt to impress a girl peacock who in the end just went on eating, ignoring him.
There was this really awesome Caterpillar, he was all fuzzy!
They had a couple monkeys there which were adorable! I think two were lion monkeys and I'm not sure what the other was.
There were some cannery's which were so cute! And I loved how colorful they were! So cute!
There were some neat flower-like pods which were covered in large ants.
We saw some papaya growing on a tree.
There was a toucan who was very good looking. He was so cute and cuddly looking.
There were many types of parrots. All beautiful in their many colors and sizes.

One really wild bird with a weird shaped head in orange. He was really neat!
There was a wild pig there! He was really friendly and liked being petted. He was all furry and really cute.
There were these other birds that were extremely beautiful. They were all different colors and patterns like a quilt.
There was a lovely hammock back at El Pigual. It was very comfy.
We drove back to Quito, a long long drive. I slept a lot and did some drawing.On the way we got some interesting fruits. I didn't end up trying them because they were very very odd and looked really slimy.

Day 14:
After a long day of driving, we decided to spend a day relaxing at the hotel. I went to the hotel gym and worked out of the bike then got a massage.
We went out to the market with Eduardo and purchased any remaining items and did some browsing.
We visited a mall which was odd because it felt much like one back home might. There we ate Locro and did some looking about.

Day 15:
We went to the university, talked to the founder of the school, who happens to be one of the most influencial people in Ecuador.We ate lunch at his restaurant, which was very good. I had corn Locro, pasta with chicken and a really yummy Tres Leches Cake.

We also visited the house of a famous Ecuadorian artist. His house was amazing because it was full of ancient artifacts, beautiful old paintings, sculptures and overall, felt like a museum! It was really really neat! And he was really nice as well. Some of his paintings are really pretty.
In all it was a great trip, sometimes tiring, sometimes breath taking. It was full of laughs and groans, beauty and ugliness. A bit of everything. My favorite part I must say would be visiting the Amazon, which was so amazing. I felt very at easy and happy there. I would love to go back one day. Eduardo was a wonderful host and a nice person. I had a great deal of fun.

No comments: