Friday, July 3, 2009

Ecuador: Day 7 and 8

Day 7:
It was a relaxing morning which, I think, was just what I needed. We ate breakfast, I had my usual fruit and a croissant, and then I worked on my computer a bit. Greg had another headache and so when he went to get I message I decided to come with him so I could ride the bike at the gym for a little while. It was actually quite fun, I rode the “workout bike” with this odd serious man beside me while watching a muted makeover show. After that I went up to the room and relaxed a little more. At around 2:30 Greg had an interview with the while Greg was interviewed and I couldn’t help admiring the photographers camera. It was fun watching and wondering what the interview would be like in the paper. They said they wanted to do another one with his family as well, which would be nice.
Next we went to the university and I sat in the back, as usual, while Greg talked. I got quite bored because most of the night was Greg reviewing peoples work and I didn’t have my headphones with me. I also wasn’t very inspired to draw, nothing quite turned out the way I wanted and when I tried writing, the same thing happened. Mom’s lecture got delayed due to the lack of time. After the class Greg, mom and I went out to have a late dinner with two of his students, Daniel and Pablo (Pablo looks rather like my drama teacher Corby). They are both really nice and I had a great time. Mom and I both got the Locro (Ecuadorian potato soup) which was amazing. Pablo has an amazing gift for drawing. His pen drawing just blow my mind. Overall it wasn’t the best night, but the dinner made everything better.
Day 8:
On the morning of July 3rd it was really sunny and hot. I was so excited because I thought I could finally wear a skirt. We met Eduardo and Maria (his wife) at 11:00 and to go the the botanical gardens. Once we got the the gardens the clouds had begun to cover the sky and it was starting to get cold. The gardens were really nice. There were all these neat plants and the orchid greenhouses were especially interesting. There were so many unique types. Our tour guide was really nice and I learned lots about the different plants. Here are some of the plants we saw:






























































After the gardens we went to visit Eduardo’s friend who has this make-shift museum of
dinosaurs he builds. They’re quite wild because they move and snap at you. At one point I was really freaked out because this dinosaur popped up from behind this wall roaring a knocked fake rocks towards us. I’m rather embarrassed to say I jumped and let out a bit of a scream. Next, Eduardo, Greg, mom and I went to lunch at the restaurant at the Hilton Hotel. We had heard from Pablo that it was really good so we thought we’d give it a shot. I’ve been having an odd stomach ache were after anything I eat I’ve been getting stomach cramps. Due to this I decided to get the chicken and rice soup which was actually really good.
We met Maria and went back to the university. During the class I worked on this post, drew another of my Pendragon drawings, listened to moms talk and joined in the drum circle at the end. Everyone was banging on whatever they could find; drums, cans, knees, poster tubes, etc. It was a bit sad saying bye to everyone because I liked some of the people a lot. Maybe I'll see some of them in the future.

1 comment:

Myy said...

He does look like Corby!!
oh, and for a moment there I thought you had your ears pierced. It looks good!