Monday, February 22, 2010

The Great Race

There are some movies that I remember watching over and over when I was younger. When we're little we never seem to get bored of a story, or film, we like. The Great Race was one of those movies. I remember Ventana and I loved the film and would watch it over and over during the summer. About a month ago I thought to myself "What ever happened to that film?" so I went on Netflix and soon it was at my door. Now I only remembered three things about this movie: 1. It was about a car race. 2. Jack Lemon was in it. 3. There was a pie fight. The Great Race tells the story of two competitors: Doctor Fate and the Great Leslie who decide to have a race from New York to Paris. They are joined by Ms. Dubois, a women's rites activist who believes she can win the race, and mayhem ensues along the way. I quite enjoyed the film. It's not what you might call "a great film" but it is entertaining and good fun. It felt rather like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bed-knobs and Broomsticks and even Start the Revolution Without Me. The film took place at some really pretty locations. There is a castle that I simple adore. It's always fun to go back and re-watch your favorite childhood films.

No comments: