Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Contact

On Saturday night my mom and I decided to watch the film Contact. The film was very interesting and I quite enjoyed it. At first I was rather sceptical, but as it progressed I found it tied in with my interests of Quantum Physics and wormholes. I also found it interesting that it is much like one of my favorite television shows, Strange Days at Blake Holsey High. I makes me believe the writers of the show must have been influenced by the film. The film started Jodie Foster and Mathew McConaughey, it had many supporting actors who I thought did quite a good job like Jena Malone and John Hurt. Not only was the acting well done, but the look of the film was great as well. There were some shots that I loved and were stunning. Especially the ones of outer space. Contact tells the story of Elle who through out her life has had the dream of finding other life in outside our planet. When her satellite dishes pick up a mysterious noise Elle finds that her dreams are no longer in the realm of science fiction. The story deals with the frame of reality and deals with the ideas of spiritual beliefs rather than scientific ones. I would recommend the film because it leaves you thinking and wondering about this place we are in; the world, the universe. It made me look at how small we really are, at the size of the enormous galaxy and beyond.

2 comments:

Esmé Squalor said...

So obviously I'll have to check this out. . .

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love this film! Some of the characters (like the blind astronaut) are based on real people.