Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To Boston!

Sorry I'm a little behind on the post for this last week. I've been busy this weekend, which you'll hear all about soon. This past week has past rather slowly, but was also filled with many exciting things! It's been rainy and gray again, which makes me miss the sunny days all the more. Thankfully it has been a little warmer! There was a period in which it was very cold and windy.

We didn't go on an adventure this week because we were all feeling like it would be good to use the day for homework.

Coffee Hour this week was villain themed. I had a really hard time thinking up something quickly, so I went as Captain Hook, which wasn't really my best costume. Someone went as Bob from Twin Peaks which I thought was great. Some other highlights were Darth Vader, the Queen of Hearts and Sarah Palin.

The most exciting part of the week was our trip to Boston. Over winter break Izzy informed me that she had four tickets to a Magnetic Fields concert in Boston and wanted me to come. I had been looking forward to the trip for so long, so it was fun to finally be able to go. It was Izzy, myself, Sophie and Marina. After a 3 and a half hour drive we arrived to Boston around 3 in the afternoon. We decided to visit a museum called the Isabella Sewart Gardener Museum which Sophie's mom recommended. It was a great decision! The museum is one of the most beautiful places I think I have ever been. Isabella Gardener built this house/museum to house her amazing art collection. It is filled with the most beautiful art from Europe, America and Asia as well as gorgeous furniture and the most beautiful rooms. Each feels different, some medieval, others Baroque and others more 1900's like. My favorite part of the house, or palace as it is referred to, is this amazing garden courtyard in the middle of the house. Flowers cascade from the third floor into the garden, where there are fountains, sculptures and beautiful flowers. Unfortunately I wasn't aloud to take pictures, but I highly recommend going if you are ever in the area! It is worth it.

Next I got to visit Claudia and Joey at Northeastern! It was so nice to see their rooms and how different their school is from Bennington. It was also just really nice to see them! It makes me realize how much I miss them. We all went out for Indian food which was really great! I have been craving Indian for a long time and eating off campus is always a treat!
Afterwards we went to the concert which was really great! The opening band was Devotchka, who did the soundtrack to Little Miss Sunshine! I had a great time, and although I didn't really know Magnetic Fields before going to the concert, I had a really wonderful time and was able to appreciate the music in a new way. All in all it was a great trip and I only wish it could have lasted longer!

No comments: