Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beach Day

Well, the school year has started once again. It seems as though I never left for summer, but only a two week break. Of course, things are different, but it mostly feels the same. One big change is obvious, I'm not in ninth grade anymore, and thus their are new ninth graders running about. Plus last years twelfth grade is gone. It feels nice to be in tenth grade, one feels more self-confident. Though the first day I didn't feel much different.
I arrived at school with Ventana at 8:00. There were only a few people there, which I found strange, that is until I found out I wasn't supposed to be there until 10:00. We were two whole hours early. My and my other friends were there, so it wasn't to much of a disaster. In fact time past at a fairly good speed and soon the whole high school was filling into the eurythmy room to pick electives. Then it was off to the beach. I'll be honest, beach day isn't my favorite. There are some fun times, but overall I don't really enjoy it. I talked with friends, stood in the water (which was a little to cold for my liking) and attempted to build a sand castle with Armand. The castle crumpled after the first wave hit it. Only thing I can be sure of, it was good to see everyone again. As I looked around and saw everyones faces I realized how much I missed these people. From Claudia, with her noise in some strange book, to all my friends in other classes. What made my day though was when I heard a roar and turned to see Dusty (a friend of mine in twelfth grade) emerge from the ocean covered in seaweed so as he looked like a giant sea monster. Everyone was laughing and as he came across the sand I could hear one of the teachers say "throw him back in!" Those are the things I missed most over the summer, the weird, funny, unexpected moments.
In all the year has been going good. There has been only problem I've encountered. There are 41 people (pretty much half the high school) who want to be in the musical, but there can only be thirty at the most. Tomorrow we are having a big meeting about it, but I'm still rather worried about whether or not I'll get in.
I'm excited for more fun adventures in school, and I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow.


The first picture is thanks to Claudia.

4 comments:

Esmé Squalor said...

Heheh, thanks =P
I remembered the movie I saw due to your blog list of movies!! Remeber, i was all, "EEEEVE, I SAW ONE OF THE MOVIES YOU KINDA TOLD ME TO!!!"
it was sense and sensability =D I wasnt sure about it, but seeing it on your list made me go, oh alright, eve approved. SO I saw it. AND it rocked.=D

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I can't believe you have a beach day! That sounds marvelous and your school sounds small too. It's nice to see old friends again even if it means the onslaught of classes...

Esmé Squalor said...

Nooo, you misunderstood. Jasmins my only sister. Madison is my sitah from anotha motha. Um, my friend. Shes the one in the pic. No, Its just jasmin and me.

Esmé Squalor said...

Hah, its okay, I didn't say it clearly. Badly made joke =P Anyway, we'll chill tomorrow, ya? I need to go sit in a shady corner and completely ignore where I am and all petty drama around me. Now, I love a good drama, I love even being involved, but at the moment my hearts just not in it.
Oh, and um, hows your bump?