Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer Farewell

The wind blew cold,
Autumn was coming with red and gold.
I had lots to do,
The days grew shorter I knew it was true.
-By Eve Neuhart (in fifth grade)

Yesterday was my last day of summer and my final Midsummer Night's Dream performance. I've had a very good summer and although I'm sad that it's over, I also feel like I accomplished a lot. I have grown so much. I am more confident of who I am.
The play was extremely fun and it was so sad saying goodbye to all my new fairy friends! I hope I can do it again next year. I already miss hearing the lines from on stage while I sit playing cards backstage. The "Oh"s and "But what say I, no Thisby do I see!"s. It was such a fun experience!
Theatricum has taught me so much over the years, but never as much as this year. I learned more about acting and Shakespeare, as well as how to play the flute in front of people. It is a home away from home to me, and I know it will always be that way. My directors and teachers are my family I feel like I can trust them and their judgement. Overall, I just feel so thankful to Theatricum for all it has done for me over the years! I'd be a different person if not for it, and I highly doubt that person would be anywhere as good as the me of today. Thank you so much for all you've done, my directors, teachers, student, and most of all Theatricum, , the place, for welcoming me into your branches.
Goodbye lovely summer. I will not forget you in a hurry. Welcome autumn. Welcome school, tenth grade and the rest of my life. Welcome, and goodbye.

8 comments:

Esmé Squalor said...

Hey, so you were right and i was so, so, so very very wrong.
um
So what Adriene (in the king must die) was holding in her hand was in fact the dead kings heart. And thats why Theseus could not be with her; he could not accept the foreign aspect of the ritual; the whole king bull thing.

Luis said...

Here in the south instead, we are about to experience "The Rite of Spring"
Luis Villa

Esmé Squalor said...

THose are such cute pictures of you and Ventana! No, more than cute, just you are also rather adorable there, no, i mean its very pretty to look at. I can't believe summers over, though, either.
I saw American Beauty last night, it was excellent. It was between that and "the Great Gatsby" but I decided on American bauty cuz it has 5 academy awards and it was rated R and tgg was rated PG. I think you'd like American Beauty. Its got an Indy sort of vibe but also a sort of "death of a salesman" kinda thing going on. ANd its also beautifully shot, like intense.

uum what else.
What are you doing for your Native book? I'm gonna get some paper, the kind that has flowers in already, and write on that. YOu know, like that rice paper with herbs in it or grass or whatever. Yaaa.

Eve said...

It's a secret, but if you don't tell anyone....
You know those indian purse things? THeir leather and have like beads hanging from them? Well, I think mine book is going to be like part of one. The bag is the cover and it's attached to the book! It's really cool, but I'm still not quite sure! I have cool paper to!

Esmé Squalor said...

Niiiiice I won't tell ;-)
Oh darling, you know I trust your taste in books, but I'm not reading twilight. I'm not reading anything that was written after the 1970's or something, unless its' by danial handler or otherwise required, or not fiction.

Eve said...

Then you're just being silly! How do you know you wouldn't like it? There are tons of amazing books set in recent times. Sorry, but that a stupid judgement on your part! You might be missing the greatest book in the world, Just because it's not set in the right time! You don't have to read it if you don't want to, I'm just pointing out that you might like it if you gave it a chance! According to your "book laws" you wouldn't be able to read "the Dark is Rising" which is one of the most amazing series EVER.

Esmé Squalor said...

I know, but god there are soooo many books in existence, I'm trying to put fiction to the side, or somthing. I don' t know. Anyway, so HAVE you seen American Beauty?

Eve said...

I haven't, but I will!