Saturday, September 27, 2008

Breakfast At Tiffany's

I'm rather behind in my movie reviews, but I figure rather late then never right?
Anyways, a couple of weeks ago mom, Greg and I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. I had never seen Audrey Hepburn in a film, only in pictures, so this was a first for me. The film was good, but not amazing. Don't get me wrong, I did like it. Most of all, I think I liked Audrey's character. She was fun, bouncy and talked in the way all old film actresses do. She was just so fun to watch. 
When Paul, a struggling writer, moves into a new apartment, he becomes fascinated with young and pretty Holly. Her strange life confuses and captivates him, for one moment she is the life of the party, but when they are alone, she is a vulnerable little mouse. 
It was fun to see the clothes and hair of that time period and I often wondered what it would look like if I put my hair up like that. Maybe I'll try it one day. In the end, Breakfast at Tiffany's is a fun film from a different time. It was enjoyable!

2 comments:

Luis said...

"Film from a different time"
It sure is. I saw it the year Roxie was born.
Luis Villa

Esmé Squalor said...

Hmmm. Now I'm extra nostalgic for so many things =( Oh well. Say, do you know when the thesis statement for English is due?
And yeah, I just got into beck. YOu should check out the song Regina Spektor did with Ben folds, its called "you don't know me" and its so lovely.