Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vancouver, Canada: Day 11 and 12

Day 11
I woke up having had a very strange dream about Theatricum and Mugglenet. For breakfast I had chocolate waffles with mom then listened to Harry Potter for a little while. Mom had to work on things so I started my book report on The Invisible Man. It took a couple of hours, but after much work, I finished all but the last paragraph. We ate leftover gnocchi with a lite tomato+garlic+olive sauce. I worked on my knitting for a little bit then Greg got home. We all went out to the Vancouver Art Museum. There were several shows, one was called Monet to Dali, so we went to see that first. It was nice, but it was very crowded, especially the painting by Dali at the end of the show. Next we went upstairs and saw an interesting exhibit by a Chinese artist. It was sort of sculpture of different things combined together, like a large cage with a bone and water bowl in it. On the next level up there was the show I really wanted to see. It was called Andrea Zittel: Critical Space. She designed several small pre-fab living spaces, as well as some really cute felt dresses that were very fun to look at. Mom and I gazed at them for a while then we all went across the street to Chapters (the Barnes & Noble of Canada) I asked to see if they had the newest Fruits Basket, which they didn’t. Mom helped Greg find reference books for work while I looked around the Teen section. On the way home we decided to have dinner at Oysi Oysi; an asian fusion restaurant. We ordered sesame chicken and cucumber, brocoli rabe with garlic, and miso soup. It was good. Then we went home and mom and I listened to HP7. Then I read a little and went to sleep.

Day 12
Today I woke up, checked my emails then listened to HP7 with mom while eating fig toast with goat cheese and chai tea. I worked on my computer then watched an episode of “Avatar the Last Airbender” while knitting. I finished the scarf then watched another episode while I drew. Mom and I decided to go out so I could get postcards and a few items she needed from Capers, the market. I bought the postcards, then we walked on. We walked into Sears to look at blenders, then walked into a cool department store called Hudson's Bay. We went to the third floor to look at clothes, I saw some really cute pants that were 130 dollars. Mom found a nice lacy shirt. We walked home and listened to HP7 some more, while Mom and I worked on our drawings. Mom was also doing the laundry. When Greg returned home, we decided to walk to Stanley Park. However, we turned around part of the way there toward a bookstore, as we did we passed some really nice old houses. We went to a really cool kitchen store, Homewerx. There were really cool shirts, notebooks, and cups plus a number of other neat things. We walked down the street to the bookstore, I looked at a neat knitting book. Then we went home and had dinner; lentils, cucumber salad and fresh corn on the cob. It was all very good. I did the dishes and worked on my blog. Mom and I listened a little more. I watched an episode of Avatar then went to sleep.
Homewerx
Avatar the Last Airbender

No comments: