Thursday, August 9, 2007

Vancouver, Canada: Day 5 and 6


Day 5:
Mom and I decided that once Greg came back to have lunch; Goat and Pear Ravioli, we would go into Kitslano with him and go back to West 4th St. As we started walking towards West 4th we ran into David Krentz, who works with Greg, and his wife Kim. We talked to them for a while then continued walking. We came across an old overgrown railway and some nice little houses. On West 4th there are lots of cute little boutiques. In this one store called Spank they had really nice clothes, we spent a little while in there. I saw a really pretty green dress which I LOVED and put on hold to get later. We continued to walk, after a minute we came to the bead store mom had wanted to show me. It was very nice and we found these really pretty heart beads. Walking around a little more, we decided that we would make necklaces out of them, so we bought some wire and chain, sat down and began to work. There was this nice lady named Val who showed us what to do. After a few attempts I got it right, I made three necklaces and mom made 1 and fixed 1 that she had. I also got a Chinese-looking pendant. An hour or so later we left the shop and came across this odd store jammed wall to wall with stuff; kitchen utensils, dishes, cards, pots, pans, gloves and all manner of things. Mom picked up a Turkish Coffee Pot, which she had been looking for. We walked more then went back to pick up my dress. Feeling thirsty, we stopped into a cute little cafe for hot chocolate. Greg had told us to meet him at work at 6:30. He was still working when we arrived so I worked on my blog.
Greg is working at Rainmaker Studios on a CG animated film. That evening was movie night at Barry Jackson's, Greg's boss, so once Greg was ready, we went to pick up some Greek salad and chicken. We went home then upstairs to Barry's apartment. We decided to watch Bridge to Terabithia, but through the whole movie Barry and his friends were talking, so I couldn't really watch or understand it. We came home and I emailed back and fourth with My till 1:30 in the morning before going to sleep.

Day 6
Today I stayed home with mom. We ate chocolate chip waffles with bananas for breakfast then listened to Harry Potter 7 while cleaning, ironing, doing the laundry, and later making lunch; amazing pear and goat ravioli leftover from lunch yesterday. I'm knitting scarfs for a booth at the winter fair at school, right now I'm making a dark red and cream striped one, which I also worked on today. Mom wanted to work on her blog, so I read my book the Invisible Man for a few hours and finished it, but I have to go back and re-read a lot of it. Greg got home and we went on a walk in Stanley Park. (I'm writing the script for a movie and I'm hoping to film it n Vancouver, so I've been looking for good locations, the walk helped me with this.) Soon we reached the outskirts of the park. We walked around the lake surrounded by geese and ducks. They were everywhere, and they came really close. We also ran into a raccoon and a pitch black squirrel. I took a bunch of pictures then Greg, mom and I walked down to look out at the bay. It was very pretty!
We began to walk home passing by more neat buildings. Once arriving home we had dinner; veggie samosa's, beet soup and salad. I emailed My a little and then worked on the blog and I went to bed.

No comments: