Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vancouver, Canada: Day 7 and 8


Day 7
We woke up and went with Greg to his work. I checked my emails then mom and I headed back to West 4th St. We walked around and found out that everything opened at 10am, it was 9:30.
We found a corner cafe where we sat down and had tea. After 20 or 30 minutes we set off. Mom saw a shop that she wanted to go in so we walked inside. The shop had some nice clothes and mom found a really nice lacy purple top, she also put a brocade off white/light pink jacket on hold. We walked on, looked into a yoga store and a stationery shop. Next mom and I went to the bead store that we love. I made two more necklaces and mom added something to her other necklace. Once we were done mom noticed that it was time to go have lunch with Greg, so we walked back to Rainmaker Studios. We had lunch at the cute little coffee place that mom and I had been to before. It was me, mom, Greg, Barry, Ian and Dennis, who also work with Greg. Ian is a very interesting person, he is English and has an imaginary dog named Jimmy. He tells lots of stories like the "Great Penguin Blinding" or other random things that don't always make sense. I ordered a chicken pesto panini sandwich. Mom got goat quiche and carrot soup, which I had a little of. Once we finished we went back to Rainmaker Studios to work on our blogs. On our way back to West 4th we stopped by a garden center where one can walk around and learn about waterwise gardening, it was very nice. From there mom and I walked down to the beach, it was very pretty. The beaches in Vancouver have large logs on them which are good for sitting or leaning on. We looked out at the water for a while, I also watched the different people around me. On the way back, mom and I decided to get gelato, I got mango and mom got pear. It was amazingly good! Walking back to Rainmaker Studios I licked my gelato happily. While waiting for Greg to finish work, mom and I listened to Harry Potter, then we went to dinner with Barry and Ian. As we were about to leave the building Greg went back up to get his jacket, mom and I headed for the front door. As we tried to open the door a load alarm went off. It was really startling and creepy. Dinner was Indian: veggie curry, chickpea curry, cabbage salad and naan. Before the food arrived, Ian looked at my sketchbook and gave me some drawing pointers. I ate and then drew while the 'grown ups' talked. Later we drove home.
Day 8
Today mom, Greg and I went to the farmers market. On the way there we passed by a VW bug covered with items and painted, it even had a functioning fountain! The street on which the farmers market was on had a row of really nice old Victorian houses. There was an accordion player who performed different songs from around the world, they were very good. Mom gave him a coin and he played an Argentine tango. We got a bunch of food, then went to this little side garden that had a really nice garden. I took a loads of pictures, then we all walked back to the hotel. For lunch, we had beet soup with fresh fig bread from the market. Greg took a nap for an hour while mom and I worked on our computers. Once Greg woke up we discussed the possibilities about what we were going to do for about three hours. We finally decided to take a drive round Stanley Park. We drove the whole way around one time and then parked to talk a walk. I had brought both my video and my regular cameras to take pictures with. We stopped in a amazing tree clearing, took some pictures then walked on. We passed a wedding, a theater where Oklahoma, the play, was going on, a rose garden and then headed to where Greg thought the parking lot was. We got a little confused as to where the parking lot was, but after lots of walking we finally found it. We then drove home and made dinner: grilled salmon (for mom and Greg) and veggie curry. Later mom and I listened to HP7.

No comments: