Saturday, August 2, 2008

300

Last night I saw 300 with mom and Greg. I had seen the trailer and I thought it looked really cool, so I was excited to see it. It was very good! I love Greek history so that was really neat to see one of the stories I had heard in fourth or fifth grade come to life. 300 is an adaptation of a graphic novel which is a retelling of the ancient battle of Thermopylae. This was an epic story of  300 Spartans who took on 10,000 or more of the best Persian troops, who came to claim the Greek land.
That day I had come up with a really great sword fight at camp with my friend Corrine, so it was also fun to see the fight scenes in the movie. The film was really well done. The acting, the color, and the direction was all great! The visual effects were remarkable as well. It was a bit gory, but I don't think the film would have worked as well if they had cut it out. In all, it was a very good film. I highly recommend it. It's epic, beautiful to watch and once it was done I want to work on my sword fight a little more.

1 comment:

Myy said...

it seems bloody . . .