Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Day at the Huntington

A couple of days ago Mary, My and I went to the Huntington Gardens for the day. I had been looking forward to doing something like this for some time now, and I wasn't disappointed. Mary needed to visit the portrait gallery for school, so My and I tagged along. It was really neat to see all the amazing paintings. We all seemed to have a favorite painting that we each were drawn to. I especially liked the painting of the Duchess of Devonshire. We saw many lovely things in the museum, there was a sane glass window that was particularly neat.
We then walked over to the tea hous
e. They brought us fresh scones which were gone in all of three seconds. Then we moved on to the buffet. Mary and I went for the multiple tea sandwiches, spicy egg salad, carrot ginger, chicken walnut,
 and cucumber mint. They were all amazing. As we sat down at our table, our plates heaped with food, we noticed that My had
only deserts on her plate. We ate so much that I felt as though I was going to burst. Three types of salad, and tons of yummy
 deserts. Chocolate lemon or coffee cups, brownies, lemon
 squares, fruits and
strawberries coveredin thick sweet cream. Yummmmm.
After eating all that we could, we decided
 to walk the gardens. We laughed, talked and had a really amazing time! I can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Myy said...

it was so much fun!!!!

Esmé Squalor said...

Hey eve. Um,do you mean the wedding tune that goes to the words "here comes the bride?"

Luis said...

I went many years ago.
Beautiful building and beautifuls gardens.
Hangs there Blue Boy(1770)by Thomas Gainsborough. Is the portrait of Jonathan Buttall.
Luis Villa