Sunday, August 17, 2008

Taming of the Shrew

Yesterday was our first performance of "Taming of the Shrew". I was really nervous because I play the flute on stage and I was afraid I was going to mess up, but it turned out far better than I could have imagined!
For the past couple weeks we have been working on the play. I could imagine putting on a play in such a short amount of time. A bunch of my friends from the other camp were in the play, and it was nice to get to act with them. There were also new people who were really nice as well.
I think it was one of the most fun plays I've ever done. Aaron, our director, let us have a lot of fun with it. We had an "orchestra" where we did a bunch of sounds through-out the play. Drums, tambourines, whistles, flutes, glasses, you name it. I also really enjoyed my part. It was a good size and I had a lot of fun scenes. I ran around a lot, and I got to act along side a good actress, and a really nice person. Sarah and I were in every scene together. It was really neat watching her, for she is really funny! I had a scene with Ventana, even though it was holding her down during a fight. We also got to do a little dance in the beginning of the show. I had a couple scenes with my friend Julia which I enjoyed a lot. In all, it was just a really great experience.
The performance went amazingly well. Everyone remembered their lines, and everyone's characters were defined and funny. Everyone who saw it seemed to like it! My flute solo, for our wedding scene, went better than ever. Of course there were a few mess ups in the show, but I don't think the audience noticed. I think everyone had a great time, and I'm looking forward to our next show on Saturday, the 23rd.
I miss everyone already and it has only been one day. I can't imagine saying goodbye to everyone after Saturday. I have made so many friends and I get along with everyone. I love you all so much!

More pictures are coming soon!

2 comments:

Myy said...

bravo!

Esmé Squalor said...

It definitely rocked. It was so funny though, whenever the leads kissed, you could hear the simultaneous click of cameras =P