Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gosford Park

Last night mom, Greg and I watched Gosford Park. I had been interested in seeing it because my friend Alison's grandfather, Robert Altman, was the director. I had also heard it was very good.
As a hunting party gathers at a country estate, no one is aware that by weekends end, someone will be murdered. But while the police question the guests, the all-seeing servants may already have the case solved.
It was a really good and interesting movie. The actors were great and I found it really neat that they improvised most of the film. There were so many well known actors, it was almost as though I was watching the Oscars. There were only one or two people that I didn't know. I was happy to see that Tom Hollander was in it. I have seen him in many things, and he always makes me laugh. I also thought that Maggie Smith was especially funny.
In all it was a great movie and well worth watching. I highly recommend it.

7 comments:

Luis said...

Great movie.
I saw it in a theatre when it was released here in Buenos Aires.
Alison´s granfather has to be Robert Altman.
Luis Villa

Esmé Squalor said...

Okay, I have a movie for you; Proof. With Gwyneth Paltrow and anthony hopkins. I watched it with My yesterday =D its so nice cuz its based off a play so it has these nice longish scenes. Its about mathematics and how it drives you crazy =P kinda.

Esmé Squalor said...

Ha, it has maggie smith? I'm watching it. I'm adding it to my list which I from now on will carry everywehre cuz you know how it sucks when you go to the rental movie store and you know theres a billion movies you want to watch but at that moment you simply cannot recall a single one? Yah. Thats not fun.

Esmé Squalor said...

Oh My God. Eve. YOu know the book "the boy in the striped pygamas"?

Esmé Squalor said...

Yes!!! Woooo!! Hahah, when you said Evie! I cracked up inside, cuz have you seen driving lessons? If you do youll get it =D

Eve said...

I haven't seen it, but I know of it!

Esmé Squalor said...

Evie!
I found this awesome lady. CHeck it out
andreajoseph24.blogspot.com
Kinda reminds me of your shading style