Sunday, August 24, 2008

School For Scandal

On Friday, Ventana and I went to see our third play at Theatricum. The play was called "School for Scandal" and although it wasn't a Shakespeare play, I was excited to see it. As you may know, Ventana and I perform as fairies in the professional Midsummer's Nights Dream. Whenever we're backstage I always see the costumes from School for Scandal, and they inspired me to see it.
The play is set in the 1777 and tells a story of life in those times. It is full of gossip, plots, scandal, and extravagant clothes. Overall, it was one of the best plays I've seen there. Although I didn't understand everything, it was funny and wonderful to watch. The
 costumes were great; colorful and huge. They all had big colored wigs which I loved to look at. The acting was also really good! My teacher Willow (left), who I've had since I was little, was absolutely amazing! She was so funny and cute and didn't feel like herself. Another great performance was given by Mark Lewis (left). He directed my play 
at school last year and I've known him some time before that. It was so much fun to see all my directors and teachers acting on stage. They are all so good!
Anyways, it was an extremely fun play to see! I loved it so much! If you're only going to see one play at Theatricum, I'd say this is the one to see (or Midsummer's Nights Dream, but they do it every summer, so no need to rush to see it). I had an extremely good time and I wouldn't mind seeing it again!

Pictures are thanks to Theatricum.com.

1 comment:

Myy said...

yay to mark and his big mole!