Monday, August 4, 2008

Wicked

Last night I went to see Wicked with my dad. Mary works as an usher, so when she told me she could get discount tickets, I couldn't resist. I was really looking forward to it. My came to, she sat in a different section from me and dad, but it was still very fun. I had been to a musical in a while, I think that last thing I saw was the Sound of Music at Mary's school. I like musicals but I like regular plays better. The Pantages Theatre is a spectacular place! The last time I was there was when I went to see the Lion King when I was little. 
Wicked tells the story of the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz. It shows the classic story in a totally new way. You love the characters that in the Wizard of Oz, you hated. The costumes were really amazing! That was the first thing I saw when the curtain came up. I was spellbound by them! As for the actors, everyone was good, but I thought Galinda/Glinda was especially funny.
Anyways, It was very good, and I enjoyed it. It was neat to see the how it fit into the Wizard of Oz story. It was seeing something I grew up loving in a new way. In all it was a very fun experience! For anyone who likes musicals you should go see it! It was different from the usual musical and the story one that is familiar and yet strange. 
I had a fun experience! Afterwards I began to wonder what musical I'd be doing in school next year.

No comments: