Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ribbons, Hats and Plaid Pants

Today my mom and I went to the Dealer Market Place in Van Nuys which was part of the annual Costume College. Mom had heard about it from a friend of hers so we decided to check it out and see what we found. The market was in one room and although it was rather small, they had a lot of great things. There was a booth with Jane Austen dresses, wonderful gold rush era clothes, hats of all shapes and sizes, and much more. There was a booth of really neat ribbons and trimming, one with neat antique jewelry pieces, another with buttons, and several booths with neat patterns. My favorite booth was one that had a clothing rack of neat vintage clothing from the 1920's on. I found this pair of really great plaid paints which I feel in love with. I tried them on and, they fit. It was an amazing find, and plus they were only eight dollars. I love them so much! My also went to the market and found some great things for herself. I had lots of fun and I would love to find more places that have such great things. The market is also open tomorrow (Sunday the 3rd, July). I recommend going if you're into vintage clothes and period costumes.

Here is the address:
The Dealers Market Place
The Airtell Hotel Plaza, Van Nuys
(It's right next to the Van Nuys Airport)

1 comment:

Myy said...

They are soooo cute!!!