Thursday, August 7, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Aang

A couple years ago I heard about this TV show called "Avatar: the Last Airbender". I didn't know anything about it, and I forgot all about it until one night when I was at my Grandma Martha's house. I had just finished watching my favorite show "Bewitched" and I was flipping though the channels when I came across an animated series that looked interesting. I recognized the title "Avatar" and so I watched the episode, and liked it. I continued watching the show, I thought I was good, but not amazing. That changed when I saw the season finale. It was amazing, so unlike anything I had seen before. It inspired me and I realized what I great show it was. Ever since then I have been a big Avatar fan. I've eagerly awaited each new episode, counting down the days till it would air. Due to the writers strike last year, the third season was cut short. I didn't know when the rest of the episodes would air, I figured they would push it into next season.
The other day, I decided to look online and see if I could ind the information about the rest of the season. While looking around, I discovered that the episodes had already aired without my knowing. I went to iTunes and to my delight, saw six new episodes.
Sometime last year, I drew drawings of some of the characters from the show. The new episodes inspired me to get this drawings out and finish them. They turned out really really nice! I forgot how good the drawings were, and they look even better in color.
My first drawing was of the main character, Aang. The character has a tattoo of a blue arrow on his forehead which was fun to do because most of his clothes from this season have been muted browns and reds. The arrow added a really nice bit of color. Anyways, I think he turned out really good! I can't wait to see what the others will look like once they're done!

No comments: