Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brazil

Last night mom, Greg and I decided to watch the film Brazil. I love the films "Time Bandits"and "Baron Munchausen" which are by the same director, so I was looking forward to seeing more of his work. 
The film had many of the usual Terry Giliam things. A weird story, the actors Ian Holm and (my favorite) Michael Palin, a bit of Monty Python humor, and of course, a strange ending. It was surprising to me to see how young the main character (Jonathan Pryce) looked. In all it was a good film. Weird, but good. 
Brazil tells the story of Sam Lowry, a man stuck in a life that isn't quite what he wants. His dreams at night are of a night(himself) and a beautiful lady. When one fateful day he glimpses the real life version of the woman from his dreams, his word is shaken upside down. 
In all it was a wild movie. I recommend it if you are in a mood for something unusual. It was a little creepy at times, but not that bad. In all, it was a good, unique film.

2 comments:

Myy said...

I wanna watch it!

Eve said...

It might be to creepy for you....