Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drawing of the Day: The Queen of Diamonds

As I'm sure you know, I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. I just love the story so much! There are so many unique things and characters, for example, the Queen of Hearts. Some time ago, I came up with three characters that related to Alice in Wonderland, but were uniquely my own. The were the royal family of Diamonds. The three of them, Queen, Princess, Prince. Where they are from (Wonderland) the title of Queen goes to the youngest child, instead of the oldest. I came up with a interesting story concerning the three siblings. They each had a power, one could grow roses with her mind, another could levitate objects and the last could see glimpses of the future. I drew them many times over the past years. There were versions where they were older, younger, in different clothes, or faceless. I was looking through an old sketchbook and I found one of these drawings. I made me want to draw this family again, so thats what I did. I present to you now, the family of Diamonds. 

4 comments:

Luis said...

If you are such a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, you should see the Opera by Unsuk Chin.
I saw it in TV here in Buenos Aires. You will probably, find it for rent in DVD or VHS.
Luis Villa

Esmé Squalor said...

Ahh, i love Alice in Wonderland too, i'm incredibly excited about the Tim Burton adaption. . .

Eve said...

There's going to be a Tim Burton adaption?

Esmé Squalor said...

YES there is. In like 2010 or 12 but yes.