Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Taming of the Shrew

On Wednesday after camp, Ventana and I auditioned for the High School Repertory Play, the Taming of the Shrew. I was really really nervous, but I did well, and it turned out to be a lot of fun. On Saturday while I was staying with my grandparents, I got a call from Ventana saying she had received her part. She would be playing the widow and a hostess. I didn't know what to do. Since I wasn't be home, I wouldn't get the call. What should I do?
I decided I would call mom in San Diego and have her listen to the messages on the home phone. She called me back and informed me that yes, there was a call from the director saying I would be playing the part Viendello. At least, that's what I thought she said. I thanked my mom and dashed to a computer to look up my character. I stared at the list of characters, mine wasn't there. I asked my dad why that could be. "She must have said this one and you heard wrong." He pointed to a character called "Biondello." That was it! That was my character!
We had our first rehearsal on Monday after camp. It was very fun, but since it went until six, it got rather chilly.
I have a good part. He is a sassy servant, which is fun and challenging. Anyways, I'm very happy with the part I got and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when we'll have another rehearsal!

No comments: