Sunday, July 13, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Napoleon

I've haven't been drawing much lately so I decided to put something older up today. I did this during school in my black and white drawing class. It is a copy of Napoleon by David. It's one of my favorite pieces of art. I saw it once and it was absolutely amazing. 
This drawing took me around four weeks; we had two, hour and a half classes a week. It is still a long period of time on one piece, especially for me. It was extremely hard. I couldn't erase the black pencil, so I had to make sure I did everything right the first time. I'm not used to drawing so big. Most of my work is in a little sketch book or on a regular piece of paper, this was on a paper two and a half times as big. I am really happy with the way it turned out. It was my favorite drawing I did in that class, and I did some nice ones. When I look at my Napoleon I feel accomplished and happy. I love it when I do something that is really really good. It is like the sun shone upon you for a few minutes. Just long enough to complete something special. 

No comments: