Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Painted Face

I did this over Spring, but I only remember about it a week or so ago. I pulled it out of a pile of books and realized that it was actually pretty good. I had been eager to try painting again so I found some painting paper and took some of my moms acrylics out of her box. Then I went to work. I sketched a face on paper, traced it then copied it onto the painting paper. I did the yellow background first, then moved on to the skin. It was fun, it was very time consuming! In the end though, I think it turned out really nice! I especially like the leaves and flowers I put in her hair! It was inspired by the amazing painter Audrey Kawasaki. I saw her piece called Karamari and thought to myself "I want to do something like that!" Of course, it doesn't really look like her work, but I guess it has a little of that feeling. Anyways, I hope to do more painting in the future, because I really enjoy it!

Audrey Kawasaki

1 comment:

Esmé Squalor said...

Ya ya ya!! Beautiful page, sweetling.