Thursday, July 10, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Father's Day Card

For fathers day this year I wanted to make a nice card for my dad to go along with his other gift. I decided, as usual, to do a girl’s face. I wanted her hair to be really flow’y and swirly. I drew the shape of the head and then went on to do the hair. I used several shades of brown, cooper and even a little bit of red, orange and gold. I worked on the eyes, which started out blue but ended up hazel. I did the background, first with lines of orange and red, then with yellow swirls. The swirls come naturally to me, I could do them with my eyes closed. It turned out nice, not amazing, but still a good drawing in itself. I guess she could look a little like me, but not really. Maybe if I had short hair, big eyes and a little nose. I don’t know her name, or who she is, that is up to the beholder.

No comments: