Thursday, July 17, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Elizabeth Bennet

I recently had a Jane Austen marathon with myself. I watched Pride and Prejudice, then Becoming Jane and then the audio commentary on Pride and Prejudice. I have more films to watch, but thats what I got to. While watching the commentary I started drawing Elizabeth Bennet(Keira Knightly). I did it in pencil, then went to do color, but I decided against it. For some reason it felt like it had to be in black and white. It was really fun, but also hard. I tried to make it look like the actress, yet my own style still was present. It feels a little more realistic to me though, which is a good thing. Anyways, it was very fun and the commentary was very very good. The director, Joe Wright, gave really good insight into the making of the film. It was a joy to watch and I will do it again soon.
I really like how the drawing turned out. It is soft, yet has a presence. It has emotion and feels like a real person. 

1 comment:

Esmé Squalor said...

Sigh. Thats lovely. All your drawing have a somewhat dreamy quality with eyes that have such reality to them.