Monday, July 14, 2008

Drawing of the Day: Jane Eyre

I was given the movie Jane Eyre on my birthday by my grandma Marilyn. I never got around to watch it until, today, when I wanted to watch something new and romantic. I'm not going to go into how I liked the film, I'll save that for another post. I will say that while I was watching it I was inspired by her drawings and decided I wanted to draw a nice face myself. I would have done a self portrait, but that would have meant looking away from the screen at a mirror, so, I decided to draw her instead. Of course, it doesn't look exactly like her, but I think it will do. I guess it just feels rather like her. I like the way it turned out, it still had my style, but it felt a little more realistic as well. This drawing I suppose is all thanks to Marilyn Neuhart. If not for your gift, I would never have watched the amazing film, and thus I would have never been able to draw this portrait. This is my Jane Eyre. The girl who started out with so little, and ended up with so much.

No comments: